Just a quick note to mention that Fedora 32 in its current pre-beta state generally runs well but has a few issues:
gnome-shell crashes sometimes, bringing down all of Wayland (and everything running).Fixed!
- Switching to X11 is a current work-around until that’s fixed.
- I think it’s this bug @ RH bugzilla: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1768278
gjs1.63.92-1 landed in F32 on 2020-03-06, and then in Silverblue F32, fixing this problem.
X11 can crash… due to color management? (Probably not a Fedora 32 specific bug.)
- I haven’t run into this one, but a colleague has.
- RH bugzilla:
- “[abrt] xorg-x11-server-Xwayland: OsLookupColor(): Display server crashed” https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1775929
- “[abrt] xorg-x11-server-Xorg: OsLookupColor(): Display server crashed” https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1786965
- It seems that this also happened on Fedora 31 in isolated cases. The second Bugzilla link above was filed against Fedora 31. So this isn’t Fedora 32-specific.
Firefox on Wayland has issues being maximized when it is self-managed (with the toolbar off).Fixed! Seems to work now, as of Firefox 74.
- This doesn’t happen in X11.
- You can either play with the window a bit until it snaps into place, not maximize Firefox, turn on the titlebar for Firefox, or run X11 for the time being.
- RH bugzilla:
- GNOME GitLab (possibly related):
- Mutter (GNOME’s window manager) issue: “Pop-up menus etc. appear on wrong head or don’t appear at all for windows on secondary head” https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/issues/1098 — was fixed in https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/merge_requests/1110 so a fix should land soon, hopefully.
toolbox’s F32 container is still set up to pull from rawhide and there’s a key mismatch.Fixed! Run
podman pull registry.fedoraproject.org/f32/fedora-toolbox:32to pull down the new changes to the toolbox image and then create a new container in the usual way with the toolbox command.
- The current workaround is to disable all rawhide repos and enable the standard Fedora ones.
- Bug @ GitHub: https://github.com/containers/toolbox/issues/381
Firefox is still 72.0.2, yet 73.0.1 is the most recent release (as of 18 Feb)Fixed! Firefox is now 74 (which was just released)
- Bugzilla @ https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1809831
- There’s a pending update for Firefox 74 (soon to be officially released) on Fedora 32 @ https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-0db6047b9e
- FWIW: No other recent updates for F32 are pending in bodhi: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/?packages=firefox — hopefully the Firefox 74 build lands soon.
- There are a few minor features in Firefox 73.0 and 73.0.1, however there are a lot of security fixes in Firefox 73.0: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2020-05/
Editing network settings in GNOME Settings causes a crash (of Settings).
Using the color picker (in Flatpak’d Hexchat or Firefox’s
<input type="color">, but probably elsewhere) causes gnome-shell / Wayland to crash
- This is probably related to a color picker portal from Flatpak?
- Or it could be trying to do color picking in Wayland?
- Not sure if it affects X11