FAS replacement

From IRC: Introducing the new Fedora Accounts – Fedora Community Blog

@ryanlerch are you ready for this to be edited/scheduled or are you still working on it?

Can we add a note to:

The new web frontend is powered by a new piece of software named Noggin. Noggin provides a tailored UI for creating and managing your Fedora contributor account, and interfaces directly with the FreeIPA backend.

which says something like: “(Don’t worry about new jargon… although Noggin is the name of the software behind the scenes, from a user point of view it’s just Fedora Accounts.)”

Oh, don’t worry. I am going to edit that aggressively

2 Likes

Yeah, i tossed up if i wanted to state the noggin name at all there, but decided i had to, since people may have heard the ‘Noggin’ name.

The whole idea of this section was to just provide a quick overview of the way it is all set up – my thoughts was the way i structured the langague in the paragraph before made it pretty clear that Noggin is just the name of the Software used, not the name of Fedora Accounts itself.

1 Like

Oh, don’t worry. I am going to edit that aggressively

oh okay then.

@ryanlerch are you ready for this to be edited/scheduled or are you still working on it?

Yes, it is ready to go – sorry about the late notice on this one – it would be nice to get it out ASAP. since deployment of all this is soonish (next week maybe)

2 Likes

I made a few tweaks for readability, style, and SEO. It’s scheduled to publish at 0800 UTC Wednesday since it’s time-sensitive.