Dragon Player issue

How can I use video playback speed settings in dragon player?
Ask Fedora f39 kde fedora-kde kde-plasma #dragonmediaplayer
#multimedia

1 Like

Welcome to Fedora @tanishbawa

I doubt that you will be able to change the playback speed.

Video player with focus on simplicity

Dragon Player is a multimedia player where the focus is on simplicity, instead of features. Dragon Player does one thing, and only one thing, which is playing multimedia files. Its simple interface is designed not to get in your way and instead empower you to simply play multimedia files.

1 Like

Dragon is an interesting project, I need to try it again. Currently I use Celluloid, as it is the most secure/modern flatpak video player.

Would be very cool to have an equivalent on the KDE side, or maybe even Slint or Iced.

if not what should i do if i want to watch a media on different playback speed than normal.

Try VLC Media player, this also allows you to play a bigger range of video-formats.

I recommend Celluloid, it is the best media player in terms of being a modern and secure Flatpak app. Also supports MPV config files for things like tap to pause/play or changing keys. Really nice

Does it have a simple way to change playback speed ? Thats why I proposed VLC and tested it.

Yes no GUI buttons but keyboard shortcuts for everything. [ / ] change the speed on my english keyboard, hope those are different on other keyboards but you can easily change those via a config file. (If you find out how they are called, ChatGPT helps lol)

CTRL+UP add speed 0.1
CTRL+DOWN add speed -0.1

Store that in ~/.var/app/io.github.celluloid_player.Celluloid/config/celluloid/input.conf and state the path in the settings.

1 Like