Disabling "unicode code point" keystroke (ctrl+shift+u) on Fedora 35

Hi!

I use Slack for work, and the shortcut to create links is ctrl+shift+u. This is usually associated to “unicode code point”. It should be possible to remove this binding using ibus-setup (link), but for some reason it is not working on F35. Any tips on how to fix this?

With gnome on fedora 35 you can set many custom keyboard shortcuts via settings --> keyboard --> Keyboard Shortcuts
I cannot verify the specific setting you want can be set there, but it could be.

Thanks @computersavvy , but I guess it’s really something more subtle. This specific key combo is not listed on GNOME’s usual keyboard shortcuts configuration. Actually, when I first ran ibus-setup, ctrl+shift+u was indeed bound to unicode code point, but even after unbinding it, it is still active for some reason…

For the record, I was finally able to disable the ctrl+shit+u key combo. What was missing aside from removing it on ibus-setup was to set GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus.

I could do it globally, but I’ve opted for now to do it only for Slack; I created a custom ~/.local/share/applications/slack.desktop file, and prepended the Exec line with env GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus