Davinci Resolve and AMD


I have issue with Davinci Resolve. It cannot identify my AMD Drivers.

lspci -n -n -k | grep -A 2 -e VGA -e 3D
pcilib: Error reading /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:00:08.3/label: Operation not permitted
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 22 [Radeon RX 6700/6700 XT/6750 XT / 6800M/6850M XT] [1002:73df] (rev c2)
	DeviceName: Realtek
	Subsystem: Lenovo Device [17aa:3b21]
37:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Rembrandt [Radeon 680M] [1002:1681] (rev c7)
	Subsystem: Lenovo Device [17aa:3b21]
	Kernel driver in use: amdgpu

glxinfo | grep -e OpenGL.vendor -e OpenGL.renderer  ✔  16:24:31  
OpenGL vendor string: AMD
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon Graphics (rembrandt, LLVM 15.0.7, DRM 3.49, 6.2.9-200.fc37.x86_64)

I aslo have the following message during update

sudo dnf update 
Skipping packages with broken dependencies:
 mesa-va-drivers-freeworld                              x86_64                     23.0.1-1.fc37                       rpmfusion-free-updates                     3.4 M
 mesa-vdpau-drivers-freeworld                           x86_64                     23.0.1-1.fc37                       rpmfusion-free-updates                     3.5 M

The question is did I messed the drivers setup to freeworld, or this is DaVinci configuration issue?


This is a version mismatch between available mesa-va-drivers-freeworld 23.0.1 and installed mesa-filesystem 22.3.7. The needed files to fix that are in the fedora updates-testing repo,

The update prevents breaking things due to a version mismatch and as soon as fedora updates mesa-filesystem in its updates repo the problem will disappear.

You also might choose to enable the fedora updates-testing repo to get the update to mesa-filesystem and allow the mesa-va-drivers-freeworld package to update.

I just tested it and it worked.
dnf upgrade mesa-va-drivers-freeworld mesa-vdpau-drivers-freeworld --enablerepo updates-testing

Note that the updated packages are still in the testing repo but should soon be released if you want to wait.

Thank you. I will leave question open for now and close it once I confirm what you have mentioned, because I still feel this is Davinci setup issue.