"Bus owner changed, aborting." when trying to upgrade

There are software updates in the software center, and clicking upgrade does nothing. When I run any rpm-ostree commands for upgrading I get the above error. I tried running cleanup -m, and rebooting several times.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

There will be more info in journalctl -b -r -u rpm-ostreed. I hit this myself, and I think the problem was https://github.com/rpm-software-management/librepo/pull/148

If it’s that, you can work around this by temporarily removing all of your layered packages, doing the upgrade which then gets you the fixed librepo, reboot, and then re-layer packages.

Jun 20 10:27:46 localhost.localdomain rpm-ostree[1847]: client(id:cli dbus:1.243 unit:gnome-terminal-server.service uid:1000) vanished; remaining=1
Jun 20 10:27:45 localhost.localdomain rpm-ostree[1847]: client(id:cli dbus:1.243 unit:gnome-terminal-server.service uid:1000) added; new total=2
Jun 20 10:27:45 localhost.localdomain rpm-ostree[1847]: Allowing active client :1.243 (uid 1000)
Jun 20 10:26:14 localhost.localdomain rpm-ostree[1847]: Txn RefreshMd on /org/projectatomic/rpmostree1/fedora successful
Jun 20 10:25:38 localhost.localdomain rpm-ostree[1847]: Initiated txn RefreshMd for client(id:gnome-software dbus:1.181 unit:session-1.scope uid:1000): /org/projectatom>
Jun 20 10:25:36 localhost.localdomain rpm-ostree[1847]: client(id:gnome-software dbus:1.181 unit:session-1.scope uid:1000) added; new total=1
Jun 20 10:25:36 localhost.localdomain rpm-ostree[1847]: Allowing active client :1.181 (uid 1000)
Jun 20 10:25:36 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Started RPM-OSTree System Management Daemon.
Jun 20 10:25:36 localhost.localdomain rpm-ostree[1847]: In idle state; will auto-exit in 60 seconds
Jun 20 10:25:35 localhost.localdomain rpm-ostree[1847]: Reading config file '/etc/rpm-ostreed.conf'
Jun 20 10:25:35 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting RPM-OSTree System Management Daemon...

This doesn’t really say much to me, since I dunno why this error would happen.

I did try a rpm-ostree reset and tried the upgrade to the same error. I then used rpm-ostree rollback to get my layered packages back, which was kind of an amazing experience.

I’m not sure why this would happen in the first place when I haven’t done anything to this system in a couple weeks.

And now there’s no updates to be had in the software center (no clue why) and the upgrade command still fails in the same way. I literally have no idea how this operates LUL.