BTRFS restoring doesn't work

The UEFI GRUB config is supposed to be just a wrapper for the actual config.
You can leave it as is since the next GRUB update should restore it anyway.

The link about the grub bootloader you used is a little out of date.
This is the correct instructions.

What happens with efi systems is that grub looks at the file /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg (which is essentially a stub pointer to redirect grub to the proper location) and then is redirected to /boot/grub2/grub.cfg for the actual boot.

Once a user overwrites the file under /boot/efi then recovery is necessary using the instructions in the link above under the Reinstalling grub2 header.

I don’t think a grub update can be depended upon to do a proper update of those grub.cfg files. AFAIK the files /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg and /boot/grub2/grub.cfg do not get replaced with a grub update. I think they only get replaced when the files have been removed and the packages grub2-efi* and grub2-common are installed/updated/reinstalled

The link in my post above shows those files should be removed then the reinstall done so the grub.cfg files get properly regenerated.

There’s an RPM posttrans script that is triggered when the grub2-common package is updated/reinstalled, overwriting the UEFI GRUB config, and it works for me.