Automatic partition is incorrect (maybe)

I just downloaded the Fedora 43 KDE beta and installed it on a Framework 13. I was doing some reading and on the Fedora ChangeSet site (Releases/43/ChangeSet - Fedora Project Wiki) it says the default /boot partition should be 2 GB. However, the install I just did using the “use entire disk” option ended up creating 1 GB /boot partition. I am reporting this here since I am not sure if there is a better place to report a perceived bug.

Please note I am not an advanced user.

Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction if this is the wrong place.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for flagging this!

What you’re seeing is actually expected: the change to 2 GB wasn’t made in time for the beta, but it is in the Release Candidate, and will be in the official release.

As explained here by @boniboyblue :

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

Awwww…I’m disappointed. Here I thought I’d found something no one else had. I was almost feeling full of myself. Sigh…

So, another question. I was guided here to report beta bugs. I searched (obvious incorrectly). Where should I have gone to report this and look for a previous report of a beta bug? Or, I guess I should have looked for “2G /boot”, but it just never occurred to me.

So there’s also Bugzilla, but tickets there are (a) typically only raised when the raiser is reasonably sure there’s an actual bug, (b) not very searchable by full text.

On this forum there tends to be more back-and-forth discussion to establish whether something is a bug or not, and the search facility is better. So at the “I wonder what might be going on with my Fedora?” stage you’re more likely to find relevant material here.

I’d say you had the right idea coming here - don’t worry too much about not finding the previous topic! As you get more used to Fedora it becomes easier to intuit what search query to use.

Got it. Thank you yet again.

Alse see https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/43/ChangeSet