Article for review: Askbot refresh: we've moved to Discourse!

Hello!

I’ve written up an article announcing the new AskFedora instance to the community and submitted it for review. Here’s the preview link:

FAS logins are already enabled on this now. The plan is to announce it on the magazine a week or two after this post goes live—that lets us make any more tweaks, and ensures that the community is represented on the forum when end-users begin to flood in :slight_smile:

Please edit the post as you seem necessary. Thanks very much!

2 Likes

A little note for the reviewer. In the paragraph: “The new AskFedora!”, the phrase “AskFedora is meant for user-end troubleshooting.” should be “AskFedora is meant for end-users troubleshooting.”, right?

Another note: in “Getting started: logging in and language selection”, the phrase “the new AskFedora is currently supports English, Spanish…” should be “the new AskFedora currently supports English, Spanish…”

2 Likes

I’ve added a Read More separator, fixed a couple of typos, and incorporated @alciregi’s feedback (thanks!).

@FranciscoD, do you want to provide a fitting featured image or should I just use the default “Fedora Community” image?

2 Likes

@FranciscoD one other comment I forgot to make: for the Comm Blog it’s not necessary, but when you publish in Magazine, you should include instructions and/or links for creating a FAS account (maybe you plan to already)

1 Like

I think that works for the commblog. We don’t have an icon or image for AskFedora at the moment. I’ll try to find something for the Magazine post.

1 Like

Good point! I’ll remember to add that in the Fedora Magazine post. I intend to write that a bit differently, keeping in mind the very different target audience.

You can file an issue in https://pagure.io/fedoramagazine-images and Ryan Lerch or someone else will help you come up with a fitting image. I’ll use the default for the commblog post, which is scheduled to publish on Thursday morning.

1 Like