I upgraded to f37 yesterday. Seemed like the smoothest fedora upgrade I’ve had in years. Until I tried to play warthunder today. When I try to play, a few minutes into a match the screen goes all crazy and the system stops taking input. I have to hard reboot.
I have a similar problem.
Gnome session (with wayland) restarts as soon as I play a video in full screen (with vlc or via web browser).
i have a laptop LENOVO Legion 5 15ACH6H with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H and two praphic cards
Device-1: NVIDIA GA104M [GeForce RTX 3070 Mobile / Max-Q] driver: new
Device-2: AMD Cezanne [Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Mobile Series]
driver: amdgpu v: kernel
In my case, the problem appeared two days after F37 update, when i have done an update including gnome-shell and many firmwares :
I have the same problem on Fedora Workstation 37: On Wayland the machine locks completely, on X11 it some times locks, some times freezes just the game, some times the game and Steam.
I tested a clean install with KDE and on Wayland the same is happening: full system lock, X11 during the tests (2-3 day for hours) it just froze the game once or twice.
Lenovo Legion 5i 15IMH05H
Device-1: Intel CometLake-H GT2 [UHD Graphics] driver: i915 v: kernel
Device-2: NVIDIA TU106M [GeForce RTX 2060 Mobile] driver: nvidia
Nvidia GPUs require the nvidia driver when using graphics intensive apps such as games or videos since the nouveau driver does not support hardware acceleration.
Forcing the cpu into software acceleration is almost certain to cause a system hang on many systems as the cpu becomes overloaded.
Of course using higher resolutions is more demanding on everything.
None have reported details about the hardware or software involved, so there is no way to provide assistance, and having 4 people that say “me too” does not lead to a solution since it is distracting for the OP and any potential solutions suggested.
I suggest the OP provide us the output of inxi -Fzxx inside the </> preformatted text tags so we can see more detail about the hardware and software involved; and that the others wait to see what the outcome may be or start your own threads with the same info provided.
This error message indicates that there was a problem with the communication between the listener and the message channel. The reason is that sendMessage is now promisified internally, so you can ‘await’ it, but the by-product is that when you don’t specify a callback yourselves, it is added internally anyway in order for the call to return a Promise, which means that since you don’t call sendResponse in onMessage, the API will think that it was you who made a mistake of using a callback and not providing a response, and report it as such.
Since the new behaviour is very confusing for almost everyone, a solution might be to stop showing this error when the callback is not specified, however it might cause confusion for those developers who still use callbacks and forgot to call sendResponse inside onMessage by mistake, which should be reported ideally as it always was.
If you see your extension causing this errors - inspect closely all your onMessage listeners. Some of them probably need to start returning promises (marking them as async should be enough).
If still error showing, try disabled all installed extensions in Chrome then you will get a clear console without errors.