I want to install a dual boot system (Windows 10 + Fedora 32) on a 256 GB SSD. The machine has got 8GB RAM + UEFI.
I will install Windows 10 first (50 GB for C: (NTFS partition) + 50 GB for D: (NTFS partition)), and then Fedora 32.
For Fedora 32 installation, I will choose :
- 50 GB ext4 partition for (“/” mount point for System) ;
- remaining space ext4 partition for (“/home” mount point for User documents) ;
- 8 GB for swap (same size as RAM) a lot of discussion about this size… ;
- 1GB (or less ?) for (“/boot/efi” mount point for EFI system).
My questions are about :
- EFI partition :
- As Windows 10 installer will create an EFI partition, do I need the “/boot/efi” partition or can they share the Windows’ one ? (I think Linux needs its own one but I want to be sure) ;
- What is the recommended size for this EFI partition ? I read about 1 GB or less.
- The Primary / Logical partitions :
- Windows needs a Primary partition. What is your recommendation for Linux ?
- Do you think some partition (“/boot” ?) is missing ?
Thank you for you help