Twitch doesn't work on Fedora 39 with KDE, can't install ffmpeg due to conflict

Twitch on chromium doesn’t work showing the following error

This video is either unavailable or not supported in this browser. (Error #4000)

So after some search, i’ve tried to install ffmpeg but gives me conflict errors

Error: 
 Problem: problem with installed package libswscale-free-6.0-12.fc39.aarch64
  - package ffmpeg-libs-6.0-16.fc39.aarch64 from rpmfusion-free conflicts with libswscale-free provided by libswscale-free-6.0-12.fc39.aarch64 from @System
  - package ffmpeg-libs-6.0-16.fc39.aarch64 from rpmfusion-free conflicts with libswscale-free provided by libswscale-free-6.0-11.fc39.aarch64 from fedora
  - package ffmpeg-libs-6.0-16.fc39.aarch64 from rpmfusion-free conflicts with libswscale-free provided by libswscale-free-6.0-12.fc39.aarch64 from updates
  - package ffmpeg-6.0-16.fc39.aarch64 from rpmfusion-free requires ffmpeg-libs(aarch-64) = 6.0-16.fc39, but none of the providers can be installed
  - conflicting requests
(try to add '--allowerasing' to command line to replace conflicting packages or '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages)

Do i need some specific steps to do or there is something missing at the moment?

1 Like

You can either install libavcodec-freeworld, which is intended to be used with Fedora’s ffmpeg-free packages, or you can switch to RPM Fusion’s ffmpeg:

sudo dnf swap ffmpeg-free ffmpeg --allowerasing
1 Like

really thank you, that’s solve my problem