Hi folks! Due to incremental improvements made on contributor guide and style guide in the last three months, we could revisit the Docs Workflow organization page that went live in June 2022.
- Keep the description on labels simple
- Simplify wording on workflows
- De-duplicate paragraphs on merge requests
- Remove ambiguities on merge requests
– PR/MR vs edit (there are inconsistencies at places)
Could we state it clearly, for example
Docs contributors need to:
- Merge an MR with pipelines passed successfully.
- Complete MRs with detailed description (problem statement, what it improves. and so on)
- Get approval of the MR from the board or suggested approvers.
What contributors could expect when joining the Docs team:
While Docs contributors are onboarding, they will be assigned to shadow groups and then start contributing as trainees (Example: co-author, help finding right-sized project).
Issue ticket posted to GitLab is here. Please let me know your thoughts and Docs team will review them and improve workflow page.
I’m on PTO 27-31 March, so my response will resume in April.