NIS client setup on fedora 34

Hi,

We have centos7 on some of the desktops and slackware14 on others but I loaded fedora 34 this week on my desktop and I am trying to set-up my system as a NIS client to a existing NIS server with a domain.
I installed ypbind and autofs and enabled; edited the /etc/yp.conf, and added the domain and IP address of the server. I changed the /etc/selinux/config change to SELINUX=permissive and setsebool -P allow_ypbind=1 to make the /remote/server/homeDir accessible at login, after all this I rebooted the system; yet I still cannot login with the NIS account. On the screen I’m getting a message “Password Authentication didn’t work”, the logs: journalctl -rn gives me this:

Nov 03 17:13:50 host.domain gdm-password][9815]: gkr-pam: unable to locate daemon control file
Nov 03 17:13:50 host.domain audit[9815]: USER_AUTH pid=9815 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 subj=system_u:system_r:xdm_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 msg='op=PAM:authentication grantors=? acct="usrname" exe="/usr/libexec/gdm-session-worker" hostname=host.domain addr=? terminal=/dev/tty1 res=failed'
Nov 03 17:13:50 host.domain gdm-password][9815]: gkr-pam: stashed password to try later in open session
Nov 03 17:15:08 host.domain systemd[9305]: Created slice User Background Tasks Slice.
Nov 03 17:15:08 host.domain systemd[9305]: Starting Cleanup of User's Temporary Files and Directories...
Nov 03 17:15:08 host.domain systemd[9305]: Finished Cleanup of User's Temporary Files and Directories.
Nov 03 17:17:06 host.domain sssd_kcm[2922]: Shutting down (status = 0)

and the $ cat /etc/nsswitch.conf

#...
passwd:    files nis sss systemd
group:     files nis sss systemd
netgroup:  files nis sss 
automount: files nis sss 
services:  files sss 
hadow:     files nis sss
hosts:      files nis mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] resolve [!UNAVAIL=return] dns
aliases:    files
ethers:     files
gshadow:    files
networks:   files dns
protocols:  files
publickey:  files
rpc:        files

I did not change any other files in the system because the websites mention only fedora28 the max with NIS settings.
Can yo please let me know what other settings are required in order to access my old account on the NIS server?

Thanks you so much for your help.
Monica.

Is that a typo?

That should be shadow.