Hi there people,
Home someone here can give me an explanation on how to fix my issues.
I run Fedora Core 31 on my storage server and it has been running great.
My primary network card is my fiber card
Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection (rev 01)
But after a power cut it just stopped working, I debugged for some hours I give up and post here.
I just get this no matter what i do:
$ nmcli device status
DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION
enp3s0 ethernet connected enp3s0
enp2s0f0 ethernet unavailable –
enp2s0f1 ethernet unavailable –
enp4s0 ethernet unavailable –
lo loopback unmanaged –
My fiber cable is in enp2s0f1 - the cable and SFP+ module have been used for a few months without any issue - and a few reboots. My module is a 10Gtek Intel model in my card and 10Gtek Netgear model in my switch - i also have an older FS.com cable with SFP+ modules hardwired on to it, this also gives the same issue.
I have tried to build the last 3 versions of the ixgbe driver from intel, but nothing Even did a reinstall…
In dmesg i get this
[ 5.062009] ixgbe 0000:02:00.0: Multiqueue Enabled: Rx Queue count = 4, Tx Queue count = 4 XDP Queue count = 0
[ 5.062311] ixgbe 0000:02:00.0: 16.000 Gb/s available PCIe bandwidth, limited by 5 GT/s x4 link at 0000:00:04.0 (capable of 32.000 Gb/s with 5 GT/s x8 link)
[ 5.062396] ixgbe 0000:02:00.0: MAC: 2, PHY: 1, PBA No: 400900-000
[ 5.062397] ixgbe 0000:02:00.0: 0c:c4:7a:58:8d:4e
[ 5.064374] ixgbe 0000:02:00.0: Intel(R) 10 Gigabit Network Connection
[ 5.064450] libphy: ixgbe-mdio: probed
[ 5.224954] ixgbe 0000:02:00.1: Multiqueue Enabled: Rx Queue count = 4, Tx Queue count = 4 XDP Queue count = 0
[ 5.225255] ixgbe 0000:02:00.1: 16.000 Gb/s available PCIe bandwidth, limited by 5 GT/s x4 link at 0000:00:04.0 (capable of 32.000 Gb/s with 5 GT/s x8 link)
[ 5.225341] ixgbe 0000:02:00.1: MAC: 2, PHY: 16, SFP+: 8, PBA No: 400900-000
[ 5.225342] ixgbe 0000:02:00.1: 0c:c4:7a:58:8d:4f
[ 5.227243] ixgbe 0000:02:00.1: Intel(R) 10 Gigabit Network Connection
[ 5.227272] libphy: ixgbe-mdio: probed
[ 5.228826] ixgbe 0000:02:00.0 enp2s0f0: renamed from eth0
[ 5.235977] ixgbe 0000:02:00.1 enp2s0f1: renamed from eth1
[ 6.079369] random: crng init done
[ 6.079371] random: 7 urandom warning(s) missed due to ratelimiting
[ 6.760053] ixgbe 0000:02:00.0: registered PHC device on enp2s0f0
[ 6.887949] ixgbe 0000:02:00.1: registered PHC device on enp2s0f1
[ 7.135750] ixgbe 0000:02:00.1 enp2s0f1: detected SFP+: 8
Before i just got a detected SFP+: 6 - but still no connection. When looking back in dmesg history, it looks just like above, but next thing was that it connected.
Hope someone has some advice.