Modern security: We need Wireguard

It looks very interesting for sure, and I’ve been following it’s development quite closely, it’s small code footprint and the smaller attack surface area looks very appealing from a speed/security aspect.

My brief WireGuard benchmarking tests have already proved to myself that it’s undoubtedly quicker than OpenVPN. I tested it on some restricted free public servers.

The only current downside of WireGuard for me is that WireGuard currently only supports UDP, and I personally prefer to use TCP.

You can install WireGuard for Fedora from Here.

My current VPN provider doesn’t currently support WireGuard, but regardless of the encryption protocol method that you decide to use I would highly recommend using a provider that is based in the Seychelles.

Purely because of the Five (FVEY), Nine, and Fourteen peering BigBrother eyes.

I’ll be moving to a Seychelles based company when my current VPN subscription expires. You can be sure about that.

My primary daily web browser (non-tor) is currently configured with two different chained-layered encryption protocol methods, so I actually web browse via three different countries…and bah it’s still not quite good enough for my personal liking lol.

#paranoidandroid
2 Likes