[kernel 6.1.6-200] kernel-core error

I have updated my F36 today to the newest available kernel 6.0.16. Since this update I always have kernel-core errors when trying to turn on my second monitor thats connected via DP daisy chain.
I then upgraded to F37 hoping this may fix the issue but unfortunately it didnt.

Reason for the error is: WARNING: CPU: 7 PID: 127 at drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/…/display/dc/core/dc_link.c:3533 update_mst_stream_alloc_table+0x129/0x130 [amdgpu]

Does any one knows how to fix this?

The latest kernel in Fedora‘s repo is 6.1.x, where x is around 6.

Please re-run

sudo dnf update -- refresh

I am running kernel 6.1.6 right now but the issue still exists. Did some research on the internet and found out the issue seems to be know and appeared after 6.0.6
Seems like I need to do an kernel downgrade until this is fixed.

1 Like

I have installed kernel 6.0.7 and my second monitor is working again.

1 Like

I too have an AMDGPU and encountered this very same issue. I tried upgrading to f37 with no joy. I went and did a clean install of f36 and both monitors worked flawlessly running kernel-core 5.17.5-300. I ran updates via DNF which gave me kernel-core 6.1.8-100 and the 2nd monitor would go into sleep while booting.

Today I upgraded to kernel 6.1.9-200.fc37.x86_64 and my second monitor connected via DP daisy chain is working again.

1 Like