Is there other options for Fedora OS entering ISP-router instead of Windows OS setup software. Can I use the CLI (Terminal) to configure DHCP and WAN connectivity

That’s great; my answers and those of others would hopefully provide you enough clues for you to solve your own problem without sharing too much about your security. You’d just search for similar things changing DLink to Asus, and going more specifically for your router model. No concerns, I just didn’t want to insult your intelligence. It is a common problem that we mistake someone’s use of their non-native language with their understanding of the technology, and I’m worried that I’ll mistake someone’s background.

1 Like

So, you’re up and running with an IP address on a /24 subnet on enp4s0, your wireless adapter is disabled, and it looks like you want a virtual bridge for running virtual machines or containers on this system. Can you explain your desired network configuration? For example, do you want that wireless interface up as it is for a different subnet? Or are you looking to have a vpn tunnel as well as non-tunneled network? Perhaps someone on the forum has set up something similar.

1 Like

Yes thats exactly how it is. I am very new to all this but just a big boy in a playstore (not the G…) I read and hear of things but also are aware what privacy and freedom means nowadays. But WOUW, so much to learn. And I’m very gratefull that skilled users like you can help us Noob-netters :sweat_smile:

I’ve been working with computers for 58 years now, and the fraction of things I know about them gets smaller every day.

1 Like

Wouw 58 years you are an Oracle. Must have being an amazing evolution. It’s longer way back than Commodore. What was your first computer then.

It seems to I am redirected to the Internetproviders log in page.
Provider

Here non of the Asus log ins entering acces.
https://www.192-168-1-1-ip.co/router/asus/rt-ac2400/19649/#manuals

First computer I programmed was an IBM 1620, Fortran II, punched cards.

2 Likes

Unless I read that wrong on your post with ip a s your network is 192.168.50. so unless you reset your router back to factory specs you need to type 192.168.50.1 in your browser to log in.

1 Like

You were able to display the login panel for the router.
Here is where I found the instructions and what they say are

### Asus RT-AC2400 Login Guide

* Open your web browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Opera or any other browser)
* Click [HERE](http://my-router-ip.192-168-1-1-ip.co/) to auto detect your router IP. After some seconds our tool will show a link to your router login page. Click on the shown link.
* You should see 2 text fields where you can enter a username and a password.
* Check the bottom of your router. There you will find your login credentials. If not then have a look at the [manual](https://www.192-168-1-1-ip.co/router/asus/rt-ac2400/19649/#manuals) of your router.
* Enter the username & password, hit "Enter" and now you should see the control panel of your router.

If that does not work then you may have to do a factory reset on the router before you can log in. There is usually a reset button on the bottom or back of the router to do the factory reset. It may be hidden in a pinhole.

1 Like

First love never rusts

correct. It works. Good spotted. Thanks

1 Like

First thing now is to change the username (if possible) and the password. And save it on a secure place.
For this i use KeePassXC

1 Like

I agree with @ilikelinux, first thing is to secure your router by changing from the default login credentials. After that, check the basic router configuration settings, with the understanding that the default settings are probably pretty good. DNS settings are my first check. They are probably inherited from the settings applied to the router by your internet service provider, but there may be other DNS servers you prefer.
Firewall settings are probably fine unless you are trying to allow external clients access to services in your network, such as if you are setting up a game server or web server. If you are, then you’ll need to understand lots about securing those services and your network, and I’d say that’s out of scope for this forum.
Glad to see you’re up and running happily. Good luck.

1 Like

Yes, good advice.

1 Like

This is to configure your computers network settings. You asked for your routers configuration.
Here a list of router software you can configure in therminal … at least the most of them:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for sharing inspiration. I will considder this in my next buy of a new router in the future. The one I’m using is built on older SAMBA version which make it lesser fit security.

Router by Red hat

I watch the video your home router SUCKS!! (use pfSense instead) and it is recomended to use a Netgear router which some of the Red hat developers is behind the as I can understand it. But as I’m based in the EU and buying product from the US it becomes over sea taxed and the price can end up suprisingly higher.