Is there a native head tracker app for Linux?

I want to track my head movements in flight sims on Fedora; primarily Falcon BMS, and X-plane 11 through Steam (native), but if there is an easy native solution for Flightgear then i’m all ears. If you know of a good native head tracker on Linux can you please point me in the right direction?

I’m using Fedora 36, and I’ve got a Logitech C920 webcam. I’ve seen many posts about Opentracker but this appears to be a Windows only app that people get running in Wine. If there are no other alternatives i’ll likely go this route.

Thanks.

Hi @adhenry , welcome to the community. Please take a look at the introductory posts in the #start-here category if you haven’t had a chance yet.

A dnf search "head track" didn’t give me anything, but a ddg search led me to this:

Is this the same as “Opentracker” that you’ve mentioned?

Hi,

Yes, that’s the same one. Didn’t realise they also had Linux packages, plus I misspelt it with ‘er’ at the end. I suppose that’s the way to go, I just need to figure out how to set it all up if a sim is in Steam but running natively (use the Linux version of Opentrack) or if the sim in Steam is running through Proton (use the Windows version of Opentrack in Wine?).

It doesn’t seem straight forward.

2 Likes

Yeh, hopefully they have some channels of communication—mailing lists/GitHub issues/forms/GitHub discussions that you can ask them for help on?