Installing teamviewer on fedora 33

thanks for the anydesk recommendation. I was wondering if it would work to connect our fedora 33 (running wayland display server) to Linux Mint (running Xorg display)

I read anydesk apparently doesnt support wayland.

Perhaps we could switch our display to Xorg somehow.

…edit…

actually it seems to work great on wayland, disregard what I said.

I have tried anydesk quite a bit and it works sometimes but other times it just flashes and crashes. Is there anyway to speed it up that your aware of?

I’m running the flatpak version of anydesk on an F34 running Xorg.
I use anydesk to admin windows 8.1 and F34 boxes far away ( 6-800 km).
currently don’t know what the remote F34 runs (wayland, X)

no crashes so far, but sometimes anydesk keeps running when I exit it ( => system monitor)

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Okay perhaps I will try to switch to Xorg display server.

I am trying to connect to a client running Linux mint (current edition). I beleive Linux mint runs Xorg, perhaps that’s the reason why it’s giving me the issue.

Is there a way to switch between Xorg and Wayland easily?

Dear @bennyisaiah, as kindly requested before, please don’t paste screenshots of text. Instead, paste the text, mark it and select the format “Preformatted text”. Thanks.

1 Like

Okay sure no problems.

How should I best copy problems related to GUI issues.?

GUI stuff that you would like to post has to be an image, no doubt. I was mentioning this because most of what you pasted was text from gnome-terminal.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.