How to speed up fedora boot time?

Hi Everybody, I using F32 and have boot time about 1.30 second. I checked systemd-analyze blame command and got this result :

20.286s plymouth-quit-wait.service                                                               
16.546s firewalld.service                                                                        
13.287s ModemManager.service                                                                     
13.033s accounts-daemon.service                                                                  
 9.890s systemd-journal-flush.service                                                            
 8.039s NetworkManager-wait-online.service                                                       
 5.619s systemd-udev-settle.service                                                              
 5.377s dracut-initqueue.service                                                                 
 4.982s lvm2-monitor.service                                                                     
 4.935s initrd-switch-root.service                                                               
 4.259s avahi-daemon.service                                                                     
 4.151s switcheroo-control.service                                                               
 4.146s rtkit-daemon.service                                                                     
 4.143s systemd-homed.service                                                                    
 4.140s systemd-logind.service                                                                   
 3.996s dbus-broker.service                                                                      
 2.320s packagekit.service                                                                       
 2.284s udisks2.service                                                                          
 1.591s lvm2-pvscan@8:2.service                                                                  
 1.495s systemd-udevd.service                                                                    
 1.118s dmraid-activation.service                                                                
 1.042s privoxy.service

How can i speed up?

@msm1365

You are likely to face slower boot times when services fail and are given time to restart. Your boot proceeds only after the timeout for the restart happens. There can be many other reasons but this is what I think might be the issue.

I would like to look into the output of journalctl -xe. :slight_smile:

Off-topic: you are using systemd-homed?

1 Like