Originally published at: Friday's Fedora Facts: 2023-15 – Fedora Community Blog
Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Fedora Linux 38 will be released on Tuesday — the early target date!
I have weekly office hours most Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time). Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Inactive packagers will be removed after the F38 release.
- Save 1–5 August for Flock to Fedora in Cork, IE.
- The Fedora Council is considering a proposal to remove the full/auxiliary member distinction.
|Pacific Northwest Software Quality Conference||Portland, OR, US and virtual||9–11 Oct||closes 16 Apr|
|Web Weekend Kathmandu||Kathmandu, NP||23–24 Sep||closes 21 Apr|
|DevRelCon London||London, UK||7–8 Sep||closes 21 Apr|
|Cincy Deliver||Cincinnati, OH, US||28 Jul||closes 30 Apr|
|ShipIt Con||Dublin, IE||1 Sep||closes 1 May|
|Indy.Code()||Indianapolis, IN, US||10–11 Aug||closes 30 Apr|
|FOSS Security Campus||Berlin, DE||26–29 Sep||closes 14 May|
|React Norway||Larvik, NO||16 Jun||closes 15 May|
|Write The Docs Atlantic||virtual||10–12 Sep||closes 15 May|
|Front Conference||Zurich, CH||31 Aug–1 Sep||closes 31 May|
|Inclusive Design 24||virtual||21 Sep||closes 4 Jun|
|RubyConf Thailand||Bangkok, TH||6–7 Oct||closes 4 Jun|
|NodeConf EU||Kilkenny, IE||6–8 Nov||closes 28 Jun|
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
Meetings & events
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- Program Manager Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 1800 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 2000 UTC Thursday in #fedora-mindshare
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Fedora Linux 38
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2023-04-18 — Final release early target date
- 2023-04-19 — Election nominations begin
Fedora Linux 39
- 499 packages fail to build from source
- 44 packages fail to install
The table below lists proposed Changes. See the ChangeSet page or Bugzilla for information on approved Changes.
|Changes of defaults in createrepo_c-1.0.0||System-Wide||Approved|
|Register EC2 Cloud Images with uefi-preferred AMI flag||Self-Contained||Approved|
|RPM 4.19||System-Wide||FESCo #2980|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.