Originally published at: Friday's Fedora Facts: 2022-36 – Fedora Community Blog
Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)! The F37 Beta will be released on Tuesday.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Important changes to licesning guidelines.
- Inactive packagers will be removed after the F37 release.
- Fedora Linux 37 Beta RC 1.5 is GO for release.
|EmacsConf||virtual||3–4 Dec||closes 18 Sep|
|ConFoo||Montreal, CA||22–24 Feb||closes 23 Sep|
|JavaLand||Brühl, DE||21–23 Mar||closes 26 Sep|
|Python Web Conf||virtual||14–17 Mar||closes 1 Oct|
|OLF||Columbus, OH, US||2–3 Dec||closes 15 Oct|
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Submit your ideas for the “Feature Spotlight” series in Fedora Magazine
- Volunteers needed for Fedora Week of Diversity 2022
- Volunteers needed for Fedora Badges maintenance.
- Projects and mentors needed for the next Outreachy cohort.
Upcoming test days
- 6–12 September — Internationalization (i18n) Test Week
- 7–14 September — GNOME 43 RC Test Week
Meetings & events
- Blocker review meeting — 1600 UTC Monday in #fedora-blocker-review
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 1200 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-mindshare
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 1900 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Fedora Linux 37
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2022-09-13 — Beta release (early target date)
- 2022-10-04 — Final freeze begins
- 2022-10-18 — Current final target (early target date)
Fedora Linux 38
|Add -fno-omit-frame-pointer to default compilation flags||System-Wide||FESCo #2817|
|Minizip Renaming||Self-Contained||FESCo #2857|
|Pcre deprecation||System-Wide||FESCo #2862|
|Strong crypto settings: phase 3, forewarning 2/2||System-Wide||FESCo #2865|
|KTLS implementation for GnuTLS||System-Wide||Announced|
Fedora Linux 39
The table below lists proposed Changes.
|libsoup 3: Part Two||System-Wide||FESCo #2863|
|Replace DNF with DNF5||System-Wide||Announced|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.