Originally published at: Friday's Fedora Facts: 2022-22 – Fedora Community Blog
Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Fedora Linux 34 reaches end of life on Tuesday 7 June.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- The Nest With Fedora CfP is open!
- Fedora Linux 34 will reach end of life on Tuesday 7 June.
- Some docs repos are moving to GitLab.
- Elections voting is open through 16 June.
|I Code Java||Johannesburg, ZA & hybrid||12–14 Oct||closes 5 Jun|
|Connect.Tech||Atlanta, GA, US||7–9 Nov||closes 8 Jun|
|PyCon SK||Bratislava, SK||9–11 Sep||closes 30 Jun|
|SREcon22 EMEA||Amsterdam, NL||25–27 Oct||closes 30 Jun|
|Write the Docs Prague||virtual||11–13 Sep||closes 30 Jun|
|React India||Goa, IN & virtual||22–24 Sep||closes 30 Jun|
|NodeConf EU||Kilkenny, IE & virtual||3–5 Oct||closes 6 Jul|
|Nest With Fedora||virtual||4–6 Aug||closes 8 Jul|
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Submit your ideas for the “Feature Spotlight” series in Fedora Magazine
- The newly-formed BIOS Boot SIG is looking for contributors.
- Sign up for the Anaconda interface study
- Take the annual Fedora Contributor survey and get a badge!
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Meetings & events
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 1200 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-mindshare
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- Docs presentation changes office hours — 1500 Tuesday in #fedora-meeting-1 and 1900 Thursday in #fedora-meeting-2
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 1900 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 2359 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Fedora Linux 36
- 2022-06-16 — Election voting ends
See the schedule website for the full schedule.
Fedora Linux 37
|Strong crypto settings: phase 3, forewarning 1/2||System-Wide||FESCo #2788|
|Build all JDKs in Fedora against in-tree libraries and with static stdc++lib||System-Wide||FESCo #2794|
|BIOS boot.iso with GRUB2||System-Wide||Approved|
|Install Using GPT on x86_64 BIOS by Default||System-Wide||Approved|
|Enhance Persian Font Support||Self-Contained||FESCo #2801|
|Return Cloud Base to Edition Status||System-Wide||FESCo #2802|
|RPM Macros for Build Flags||System-Wide||Announced|
|Supplement of Server distributables by a KVM VM disk image||Self-Contained||Announced|
Fedora Linux 38
|Major upgrade of Microdnf||Self-Contained||FESCo #2784|
|SPDX License Phase 1||Self-Contained||FESCo #2799|
Fedora Linux 40
The table below lists proposed Changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.