Originally published at: Friday's Fedora Facts: 2021-21 – Fedora Community Blog
Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)! Elections voting is open through 3 June.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Fedora Linux 32 reached end of life on Tuesday 25 May.
- The Community Platform Engineering team is hiring three positions to work on Fedora and CentOS infrastructure.
- Elections voting is open through 3 June.
- The Red Hat Desktop Engineering team is hiring.
- Official IRC channels have moved to Libera.Chat.
|DevConf.US||virtual||2-3 Sep||closes 31 May|
|Nest With Fedora||virtual||5-8 Aug||closes 16 July|
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
Fedora Linux 35
|Broken RPATH will fail rpmbuild||System-Wide||Approved|
|Drop the the “Allow SSH root login with password” option from the installer GUI||Self-Contained||Rejected|
|Replace SDL 1.2 with sdl12-compat using SDL 2.0||Self-Contained||FESCo #2614|
|Make btrfs the default file system for Fedora Cloud||System-Wide||Announced|
|Support using a GPT partition table in Kickstart||System-Wide||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.