Originally published at: Friday's Fedora Facts: 2013-12 – Fedora Community Blog
Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours most Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time). Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Inactive packagers will be removed after the F38 release.
- Check your meetings for upcoming summer time changes.
- Save 1–5 August for Flock to Fedora in Cork, IE.
- GitHub changed their SSH host key.
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
Meetings & events
- Blocker review meeting — 1600 UTC Monday in #fedora-blocker-review
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 1200 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-mindshare
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- Council meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Fedora Linux 38
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2023-04-04 — Final freeze begins
- 2023-04-18 — Final release early target date
Fedora Linux 39
|SPDX License Phase 2||System-Wide||FESCo #2972|
|EC2 AMIs default to the gp3 EBS volume type||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Register EC2 Cloud Images with IMDSv2-only AMI flag||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Changes of defaults in createrepo_c-1.0.0||System-Wide||Announced|
|Register EC2 Cloud Images with uefi-preferred AMI flag||Self-Contained||Announced|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.