Originally published at: Friday's Fedora Facts: 2013-12 – Fedora Community Blog
Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours most Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time). Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Inactive packagers will be removed after the F38 release.
- Check your meetings for upcoming summer time changes.
- Save 1–5 August for Flock to Fedora in Cork, IE.
- GitHub changed their SSH host key.
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
Meetings & events
- Blocker review meeting — 1600 UTC Monday in #fedora-blocker-review
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 1200 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-mindshare
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- Council meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Fedora Linux 38
- 735 packages fail to build from source
- 51 packages fail to install
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2023-04-04 — Final freeze begins
- 2023-04-18 — Final release early target date
The table below lists Changes status. See the ChangeSet page or Bugzilla for more information.
Fedora Linux 39
- 504 packages fail to build from source
- 53 packages fail to install
The table below lists proposed Changes. See the ChangeSet page or Bugzilla for information on approved Changes.
|SPDX License Phase 2||System-Wide||FESCo #2972|
|EC2 AMIs default to the gp3 EBS volume type||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Register EC2 Cloud Images with IMDSv2-only AMI flag||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Changes of defaults in createrepo_c-1.0.0||System-Wide||Announced|
|Register EC2 Cloud Images with uefi-preferred AMI flag||Self-Contained||Announced|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.