Originally published at: Friday's Fedora Facts: 2022-51 – Fedora Community Blog
Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- A multi-hour infrastructure outage is planned for 10 January, beginning at 1900 UTC.
- You can now add your Fediverse URL to your Fedora wiki profile.
- Fedora is now officially on the Fediverse
- Congratulations to the winners of the F37 elections
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- A new Flatpak SIG is forming.
Meetings & events
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Fedora Linux 38
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2022-12-27 — Deadline for System-Wide Changes and Changes requiring a mass rebuild
- 2023-01-17 — Deadline for Self-Contained Changes
|Perl: Replace versioned MODULE_COMPAT_ requires by RPM dependency generator||System-Wide||FESCo #2898|
|Fedora Sway Spin||Self-Contained||Approved|
|GNU Make version 4.4||System-Wide||FESCo #2916|
|Add _FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 to distribution build flags||System-Wide||FESCo #2917|
|Restore stricter SSH hostkeys permissions||System-Wide||FESCo #2919|
|Upgrade ImageMagick to version 7||Self-Contained||FESCo #2920|
|Fedora Budgie Spin||Self-Contained||FESCo #2921|
|Use mdadm for BIOS RAID Support in Anaconda||Self-Contained||FESCo #2922|
|Unified Kernel Support Phase 1||System-Wide||Announced|
|X Server Prohibits Byte-swapped Clients||System-Wide||Announced|
|Shorter Shutdown Timer||System-Wide||Announced|
Fedora Linux 39
The table below lists proposed Changes.
|Replace DNF with DNF5||System-Wide||FESCo #2870|
|Boost 1.81 upgrade||System-Wide||FESCo #2918|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.