Fedora 36 Beta update issue or only a warning?

Today I did the daily update of Fedora 36 Beta via CLI and I got the following messages:

Problem: package python3-botocore-1.24.8-1.fc36.noarch requires (python3.10dist(jmespath) < 1~~ with python3.10dist(jmespath) >= 0.7.1), but none of the providers can be installed

• cannot install both python3-jmespath-1.0.0-1.fc36.noarch and python3-jmespath-0.10.0-5.fc36.noarch
  • cannot install the best update candidate for package python3-jmespath-0.10.0-5.fc36.noarch
  • cannot install the best update candidate for package python3-botocore-1.24.8-1.fc36.noarch
    ================================================================================
    Paket Architektur Version Paketquelle Größe
    ================================================================================
    Pakete mit Konflikten werden ĂĽbersprungen:
    (fügen Sie »–best --allowerasing« zur Befehlszeile hinzu, um die Aktualisierung zu erzwingen):
    python3-jmespath noarch 1.0.0-1.fc36 updates-testing 44 k

Transaktionszusammenfassung

Ăśberspringen 1 Paket

Can I ignore it or what I have to do?

Thank you

Please use LANG=C dnf ... to see the error in english and post the output as </> Preformatted text here.

You try maybe tomorrow again. Can be an synchronization issue who normally after a few days disappears.
You can alsy try to refresh the dnf cache with LANG=C sudo dnf upgrade --refresh

It’s not uncommon to have package conflicts in rawhdie and beta, especially when the updates-testing repo is enabled. It will likely go away within a few days and it’s much less common for it to happen once Fedora 36 is GA and updates-testing gets disabled in a yum update shortly after.

1 Like

There’s been an update submitted to fix this.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2068396#c8

3 Likes

Thanks to all for your clear answers. I will wait for the fix, because it does not harm my system, which runs very well. I am sure that will be fixed until the final release. :grinning:

1 Like