CentOS Stream Live ISO

FR: Would be nice to have Live image with CentOS Stream similar to Fedora Workstation with preinstalled desktop environment.

The AltImages SIG released last week some Gnome/KDE live images, for both x86_64 and aarch64.
Worth giving a try ? (haven’t tested these myself but saw them appearing)
@tdawson would be able to give more details around live images and eventually announce it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was going to wait until the official announcement at CentOS Connect, but I’m fine with a little news leak.
Yes, we have released both a Gnome and KDE Live images for CentOS Stream 9. They are comparable to Fedoras Workstation (Gnome) and KDE Spin iso’s.
They can be found here.
https://mirror.stream.centos.org/SIGs/9-stream/altimages/images/live/

They will be updated regularly, at least quarterly. Possibly more often, but that is still to be determined.

2 Likes

@tdawson and centos team, thanks for this opportunity! Should i report about Live version bugs in separate place or i could report them in regular centos bugtracker? I found some but first i want to reproduce them in non-live image and after that report.

It’s not quite set up yet (because of the ongoing accounts system outage), but bug reports will go here: Overview - centos-sig-alt-images/spin-bugs - Pagure.io

1 Like