Hello, I checked Fedora forums to see if this is posted. I didn’t know it was poasted in Red Hat forums. I have checked the link and other links inside the links and honestly didn’t understand much. Is there something I can do to fix it? Also, in forums they don’t talk about the fonts. I have an old looking font in my Chromium and when I type something, they are on that font, the auto-completion is in the normal font.
Two aspects, first you indeed have an old version of chromium. Second, you have the libraries of the freeworld but not chromium-freeworld.
On the first aspect, as I have learned in recent days, it is normal for the packages to “never… almost never?” be updated in the main repository of a released version of Fedora. Last version of Chromium browser is the same in all the still supported and released versions of Fedora: 80.0.3987.149-1.fc31 (I means the 80.0.3987 part is the same) as can be seen on https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/chromium So I believed you have the version that was there when Fedora 31 was released, most probably because you do not have the Fedora 31 update repository (not testing… updates) enabled. You should be able to add it with “dnf config-manager --add-repo /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo”
The second part I see you have chromium-libs-media-freeworld-0:77.0.3865.90-2.fc31.x86_64 of chromium-freeworld (chromium version in rpmfusion which does not have patented codecs removed). But I would then expect you to have chromium-freeworld package installed. I have learned ot this chromium-freeworld today… and will not comment too much on if this is normal (in F31) because I don’t know.
Hello, here is some output from my console when I write “sudo dnf upgrade” @pauld@FranciscoD
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:01 ago on Tue 14 Apr 2020 02:59:34 PM +03.
Problem 1: package chromium-libs-media-freeworld-77.0.3865.90-2.fc31.x86_64 requires chromium-libs(x86-64) = 77.0.3865.90-2.fc31, but none of the providers can be installed
- cannot install both chromium-libs-80.0.3987.149-1.fc31.x86_64 and chromium-libs-77.0.3865.90-2.fc31.x86_64
- cannot install both chromium-libs-77.0.3865.90-2.fc31.x86_64 and chromium-libs-80.0.3987.149-1.fc31.x86_64
- cannot install the best update candidate for package chromium-libs-media-freeworld-77.0.3865.90-2.fc31.x86_64
- cannot install the best update candidate for package chromium-libs-77.0.3865.90-2.fc31.x86_64
Problem 2: problem with installed package chromium-libs-media-freeworld-77.0.3865.90-2.fc31.x86_64
- package chromium-libs-media-freeworld-77.0.3865.90-2.fc31.x86_64 requires chromium-libs-media(x86-64) = 77.0.3865.90-2.fc31, but none of the providers can be installed
- cannot install both chromium-libs-media-80.0.3987.149-1.fc31.x86_64 and chromium-libs-media-77.0.3865.90-2.fc31.x86_64
- cannot install both chromium-libs-media-77.0.3865.90-2.fc31.x86_64 and chromium-libs-media-80.0.3987.149-1.fc31.x86_64
- cannot install the best update candidate for package chromium-libs-media-77.0.3865.90-2.fc31.x86_64
Package Architecture Version Repository Size
flash-player-ppapi x86_64 184.108.40.2063-release adobe-linux-x86_64 9.0 M
flash-plugin x86_64 220.127.116.113-release adobe-linux-x86_64 8.6 M
gdisk x86_64 1.0.5-1.fc31 updates 248 k
libxcrypt i686 4.4.16-1.fc31 updates 134 k
libxcrypt x86_64 4.4.16-1.fc31 updates 126 k
libxcrypt-compat x86_64 4.4.16-1.fc31 updates 99 k
libxcrypt-devel x86_64 4.4.16-1.fc31 updates 34 k
Skipping packages with conflicts:
(add '--best --allowerasing' to command line to force their upgrade):
chromium-libs x86_64 80.0.3987.149-1.fc31 updates 81 M
chromium-libs-media x86_64 80.0.3987.149-1.fc31 updates 2.3 M
Upgrade 7 Packages
Skip 2 Packages
Total download size: 18 M
Is this ok [y/N]: