Call for Proposals: Nest with Fedora 2022 (Extended until July 13th)

We are only a few months away from the 3rd annual virtual Nest with Fedora event. We are calling any and all Fedorans to submit proposals. Nest will be held virtually August 4th-6th.

We are open for the following proposals:

• Keynote speakers/ topics
  • Informational sessions
  • Team/SIG meetups
  • Panel sessions
  • Tutorials
  • Workshops
  • Social sessions

How can you Submit your proposals?

By when?

• There will be a deadline process with acceptance dates of July 1st and July 8th.

What format to follow?
There is a variety of formatting sessions:

• Session (25 minutes)
  • Session (50 minutes)
  • Workshop/ Tutorial (110 minutes)
  • Half Day Hackfest
  • We are open to any new ideas, feel free to open a ticket on the Flock Pagure repo.
6 Likes

I’m going to submit something about games or game development but I haven’t settled on a topic yet. Does anyone have anything they particularly want to know about games/game development on Fedora?

1 Like

Can I get a space to talk about privacy and open source?

If you want space you just need to open a pagure ticket and get it approved. You’ll probably need more details to get approved. Give a high level overview or blurb to catch people’s attention. (Or at least that is my guess. I haven’t looked at pagure to see if there is a specific format they want proposals in yet.)

2 Likes

@dulsi I saw a couple other talks about gaming come in, so try to give your submission a different topic/angle than the ones submitted already :slight_smile:

@carvalhoalexsander submit your idea and reviewers will take a look and provide feedback!

2 Likes

Hey folks,

The deadline for the Nest with Fedora CfP submissions is extended until next Wednesday, July 13th! Make sure to submit your ideas on the Flock Pagure repo: Issues - flock - Pagure.io

Registration is also open: https://hopin.com/events/nest-with-fedora-2022

Cheers!

3 Likes

I’m already registered, but thinking if a presentation with my intermediate English would really be cool. I’m improving this… Thanx !

1 Like

@riecatnor Finally got around to submitting something. Decided to go with discussing game development since the other talks all focused on running games. Issue #408: [Talk-25] Game Development with Fedora - flock - Pagure.io

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Today is the deadline for Nest with Fedora CfP submissions. Make sure to submit your ideas on the Flock Pagure repo: Issues - flock - Pagure.io

Don’t forget to also register for Nest with fedora: Nest with Fedora 2022

Cheers!

I really did this, I signed up at the last minute and would like your feedback

https://pagure.io/flock/issue/403

Go go go privacy :))))))