Bluetooth USB dongle not showing up on boot - Bluetooth service was skipped because of an unmet condition check

Hi,

I recently did a fresh install of F40 and my bluetooth dongle started to act weird.
When I boot, Settings/Bluetooth tells me there is no bluetooth adapter present. However, I do have a TP-Link UB500 plugged in which was working fine with F39.

sudo systemctl status bluetooth tells me:

○ bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /usr/lib/systemd/system/service.d
             └─10-timeout-abort.conf
     Active: inactive (dead)
       Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)

Jun 26 21:51:04 ragnar systemd[1]: bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service was skipped because of an unmet condition check (ConditionPathIsDirectory=/sys/class/bluetooth).
Jun 26 23:48:22 ragnar systemd[1]: bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service was skipped because of an unmet condition check (ConditionPathIsDirectory=/sys/class/bluetooth).
Jun 26 23:50:05 ragnar systemd[1]: bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service was skipped because of an unmet condition check (ConditionPathIsDirectory=/sys/class/bluetooth).
Jun 27 00:40:36 ragnar systemd[1]: bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service was skipped because of an unmet condition check (ConditionPathIsDirectory=/sys/class/bluetooth).
Jun 27 00:40:53 ragnar systemd[1]: bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service was skipped because of an unmet condition check (ConditionPathIsDirectory=/sys/class/bluetooth).

/sys/class/bluetooth is indeed non-existent.

If I unplug/re-plug the dongle then it’s starts working fine, all the problems go away.

I read somewhere that the dongle might be in an bad state, and I have to power off and unplug power for a few seconds. I tried that and it did work for one boot, but for the next boot it was bad again.

All the above implies to me that the dongle gets to this bad state when Fedora is shutting down.

I have no idea how to go about troubleshooting such an issue, if anyone is willing to give me advice I would happily experiment.

TBari