bcotton/cherrytree

Hierarchical note taking application. This is a stop-gap since cherrytree was removed from F31 but is a python2 application that upstream is rewriting in C++.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bcotton/cherrytree/

cherrytree is not available for Fedora 32 and beyond. cherrytree-future (the C++ rewrite), is available on all active Fedora releases. See my blog post for more information.

I’m dropping Fedora 31 from future builds of cherrytree-future. It now has a dependency on a newer glibmm than Fedora 31 provides. Fedora 31 users can continue to use the last successful cherrytree-future build or keep using the Python2 cherrytree package.

Now that s390x is available in Copr, I have added builds of cherrytree (for F31) and cherrytree-future (for F32, rawhide) on s390x.

Hey @bcotton thank you for this copr! What are the odds for getting an EPEL build? Is it as simple as a button click (or 5) or would you want that to be forked?

The last I remember, EPEL didn’t have suitably-new versions of some of the libraries needed (probably glimm among others). But that was a while ago. I’ll see if I can get EPEL builds going.