Article for Review: Call for Fedora Women’s Day 2019 proposals

Hello everyone,

Please review the article for Fedora Women’s Day-2019 call for proposals article and provide feedback.
Preview Link: [Call for Fedora Women’s Day 2019 proposals – Fedora Community Blog]
(you need to be logged in)

Thanks,
Pooja Yadav

1 Like

Looked like a missing comma, and word, in the first paragraph:

Fedora Women’s Day(FWD) is a day to celebrate and bring visibility to female contributors in open source projects including Fedora. This event is headed by Fedora’s Diversity and Inclusion Team.

should be:

Fedora Women’s Day(FWD) is a day to celebrate and bring visibility to female contributors in open source projects, (comma) including Fedora. This event is headed by the Fedora’s Diversity and Inclusion Team.

I’m not a native speaker so I might be wrong. For the rest it looks like an excellent article.

It is correct as it is originally written.

@pyadav thanks for submitting this! I made the following changes:

• Removed the image and set it as the Featured Image
  • Removed the event tag (it’s already in the Events category, and there were no other posts with that tag. We need to do some cleanup with our tags, but that’s a matter for another thread)
  • A few small formatting changes
  • Added the “read more element”

I’ve scheduled it for Tuesday, 9 July, which is kind of far off, but I have reasons. We normally publish on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and there’s already an article next Tuesday that I’ve had to reschedule once already. Next Thursday is a holiday in the US and I’m worried that if we publish it then, it won’t be as widely read. But Tuesday/Thursday isn’t a hard rule, so if you’d like it to publish sooner than that, let me know.

1 Like

There should be a comma there, but just “Fedora’s Diversity and Inclusion
Team” is correct.

Thanks @bcotton for review and changes. I have changed the featured image, please review.
Scheduled date is fine.

2 Likes

Looks great, thanks!

2 Likes