Hi enlighted people!
I’m not an expert on the matter, and I’m having some strange behaviors on f37, where it randomly freezes for a short time (like for 2 seconds every 4 to 30 seconds). I find it the most annoying when I’m writing something and it gets stucked when the key is pressed, so I get something like “HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHello” (or when erasing)…
Likewise, I also get the second monitor disconnected randomly, specially when just connected, so that I cannot work with it. I’m sure it is not the cable because it was working before perfectly and sometimes, when the screen goes black, I can still see the mouse as well as move it and then it completely disconnects and shows up as if it were just connected.
I also noticed that there are some things that trigger the connection or disconnection of the screen, but it also happens randomly, like said. These are:
- When the focused window is on the second screen, it helps to stay connected.
- When the settings of the displays is focused, it stays connected.
- When I change from full screen to a floating window or vice versa, it has a tendency to get fixed for some seconds.
- When stuff like the video options or a pop-up disappear, it has a tendency to disconnect if connected or vice versa.
- When the light of the next room is turned on and off, the screen disconnects.
- When the screen has no activity and then the image starts to move or vice versa, it has a tendency to disconnect if connected or vice versa.
I believe they have to do with the Panel Self Refresh, that’s why I did what I posted here:
- Added this to the grub configuration (
sudo gedit /etc/default/grub) :
GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=truein /etc/default/grub to
false. This had to be done before generating the grub config, or if not I wouldn’t be able to boot into fedora, according to the comments of Neo_Nethshan here.
- Then removed old grub config :
sudo rm /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
- After that, generated new grub config:
sudo grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
- Rebooted my system.
Sadly, after a couple of days I had to undo it because it got worse and I started getting some troubles I had already fixed.
I could not find much more relevant information, so if someone could help me here, it would be really appreciated!
.',;::::;,'. akuilera@fedora .';:cccccccccccc:;,. --------------- .;cccccccccccccccccccccc;. OS: Fedora Linux 37 (Workstation Edition) x86_64 .:cccccccccccccccccccccccccc:. Host: 82EY IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05 .;ccccccccccccc;.:dddl:.;ccccccc;. Kernel: 6.1.11-200.fc37.x86_64 .:ccccccccccccc;OWMKOOXMWd;ccccccc:. Uptime: 6 hours, 14 mins .:ccccccccccccc;KMMc;cc;xMMc:ccccccc:. Packages: 3390 (rpm), 74 (flatpak) ,cccccccccccccc;MMM.;cc;;WW::cccccccc, Shell: bash 5.2.15 :cccccccccccccc;MMM.;cccccccccccccccc: Resolution: 1920x1080 :ccccccc;oxOOOo;MMM0OOk.;cccccccccccc: DE: GNOME 43.3 cccccc:0MMKxdd:;MMMkddc.;cccccccccccc; WM: Mutter ccccc:XM0';cccc;MMM.;cccccccccccccccc' WM Theme: Adwaita ccccc;MMo;ccccc;MMW.;ccccccccccccccc; Theme: Adwaita-dark [GTK2/3] ccccc;0MNc.ccc.xMMd:ccccccccccccccc; Icons: Candy-3D-Originals-grey [GTK2/3] cccccc;dNMWXXXWM0::cccccccccccccc:, Terminal: gnome-terminal cccccccc;.:odl:.;cccccccccccccc:,. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics (16) @ 2.900GHz :cccccccccccccccccccccccccccc:'. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti Mobile .:cccccccccccccccccccccc:;,.. GPU: AMD ATI 05:00.0 Renoir '::cccccccccccccc::;,. Memory: 9580MiB / 15357MiB