"Solved" checkbox — and possibly using Site Help & Feedback tags in Project Teams?

Discourse has a “Solved” plugin, which allows topics to be marked as, well, Solved. This is useful for Q&A, of course, and it’s enabled in general on Ask Fedora. But, it’s also kind of extra clutter where topics aren’t something with a solution, so I was hesitant to turn it on generally.

@hhlp showed me that this can be enabled on a per-tag basis. So, I turned it on for a number of tags in the tag-group here in :category_help: Site Help & FeedbackSite Help & Feedback, problem, request, and idea. (But not guide, because for that, the intention is for the first post in the topic to provide the solution.)

I originally set up the :category_project: Project Teams category to require at least one tag from the Fedora Teams and Interest Groups tag group, and to not allow other tags at all — I didn’t want to make it too much more complicated.

I’ve changed this to also allow the Help & Feedback tags to be used (but they are not required). That way, you could tag something as docs and problem, and then mark it solved when the problem is resolved.

Since it seems like a non-dangerous experiment, I went ahead and did this already — that way, you can try it out. Note that when posting, you need a team tag first — the other tags will only show up after you’ve selected at least one of those.

What do you think?

Straw Poll: Should we enable Help & Feedback tags in the Project Teams category?
  • Yes, that would be helpful
  • No, that’s too complicated
  • No, but we should enable Solved in a different way
  • Maybe later, but not right now — too much at once!
  • Not sure, but we can try it
  • I just like to vote

0 voters

As usual, this is a straw poll, not a binding vote. If you have a different idea, please let us know!

Could you Please add #join?

I’m +1 in Site Help & Feedback but not sure on #feedback → feedback is usefull when the feedback cause an actions and fixed in another other way is not usefull a lot.

Or you can doing something like this:

Site Help & Feedback Category

• Help
  • Problem
  • Request
  • Idea
  • Guide
  • Feedback → add this aditional tag

Would be nice in this two too as you suggest…

Regards.,

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand completely. I guess my thinking is that “feedback” is covered by problem and idea (suggestion also exists, but as an alias for idea). If there is a category of potential feedback that’s not covered by those.

I guess we could add #praise:classic_smiley:

Do you want “Solved” turned on in the #join tag, or is it sufficient to add Site Help & Feedback, problem, request, or idea for #join topics that are “solvable”?

Okay, I’ve gone ahead and added these tags. I’ll add tag descriptions for them soon too.

@moderators and high-tl users: If you notice posts in the Project Discussion category which could use these tags added, feel free to do so!

2 Likes