Silverblue - bios and grub show two fedora entries, which one should I use?

Unfortunately this only lets me post one image, here is the bios

I also have two entries in grub menu, unlike bios they have identical labels, however by pressing ‘e’ in grub menu was able to see that they have code which I unfortunately don’t understand. Second one was bigger and in addition to code in first one it also had
“insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
if [x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]” … And a bunch of other stuff

I checked, both entries in bios lead to identical grub menu with those two options.

I will see if I can add new images by replying to this post. But based on that, which one should I use in bios and which one should I use in grub?

So here’s is grub

Here’s is 1st entry programming

2nd entry programming

As far as I know, this question is better suited for discussion.fedoraproject.org as this forum is for discussion about the fedora project, not solving specific technical question.

They are the same. See Use bootupd and remove ostree-grub2 (was: All deployments are shown twice in grub) · Issue #120 · fedora-silverblue/issue-tracker · GitHub

1 Like

Thank you, but may I ask why do they have different programming code inside them? Also which one should I use in bios?

They are generated by two different program thus are slightly different but they boot the same system.