SELinux is preventing gnome-shell from map access on the file /var/lib/flatpak/

"SELinux is preventing gnome-shell from map access on the file /var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache.

***** Plugin catchall_boolean (57.6 confidence) suggests ******************

If you want to allow domain to can mmap files
Then you must tell SELinux about this by enabling the ‘domain_can_mmap_files’ boolean.

Do
setsebool -P domain_can_mmap_files 1

***** Plugin catchall_labels (36.2 confidence) suggests *******************

If you want to allow gnome-shell to have map access on the icon-theme.cache file
Then you need to change the label on /var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache
Do

# semanage fcontext -a -t FILE_TYPE ‘/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache’"

The actual “SEXLInux Alert Browser” says the following:

“The source process: gnome-shell
attempted this access: map
On this file: icon-theme-cache
Wednesday 03 Feb 2021 10:28:51 AM EST”

I try to send in these error reports but evidently there’s 15 other fedora logins that I have and when I actually use 4 difft emails - it’s hard to tell which one Fedora will decide to accept/I cannot log anything and I"m limited to this website and REddit.

https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/selinux-alert-wants-to-enable-the-domain-can-mmap-files-boolean/75910/2?u=vgaetera

1 Like

Okay i’m just going to ignore it then b/c i don’t know what any of that means ha.

In relation to your comment about many emails. Using just one makes sure that there is no confusion. If you have been kicked off this forum and need to sign in with a different email then you really should evaluate the reason and fix that so you don’t need to continue changing email addresses.

Attitude, respect for others, and patiently trying to help yourself while being clear and concise in the questions will get you far. Writing a novel in a single post that rambles on about different things and argues with those that try to help is a definite negative here.

Please, in all your posts, reread what you have written and see how you would react if someone else were sending that for you to read and reply.

2 Likes

I haven’t been kicked off - it just says that my comments are not relevant. Who is the head of this organization? Is there a number that I can call for support? It’s been 5 weeks and nothing is clear.

:wave:

This response pretty much sums up my entire experience with Fedora and Linux. I’ll check a contact information book that was published for rotary phones to find someone to train me on Linux followed up with unsolicited and semi-encrypted messages to see a psychiatrist - all of which is compounded with double negatives that make no sense. Thank you for the icing - i’ll eat the cake now.