Psensor configuration

Hi to everybody,
I’m facing a problem with psensor tool, I have installed it from the RMP sphere repository and everything works fine except that It doesn’t show hdd temperature ( I have installed hddtemp). I have notice that on Debian for example, it has only the option “support of udisk2” checked but on fedora it’s not selectable because it say that psensor “was not build to use this option”.
Do someone have some idea to fix it? I need the hddtemp monitored because fedora is installed on a server machine full of hdd…

Thank you very much for the help!

1 Like

Hello @d.verdi …! Welcome to the community! Please do take a few minutes to go over the introductory posts in #start-here when you have the time. They contain lots of useful information.

I don’t know how RMP sphere compiled psensor and flag’s include in this procedure, I think you should contact them, but if you do:

dnf copr search psensor

you could find various sources, here is the result:

Try with the following resources before contact RMP sphere.

REFERENCES

As always you can build from sources. → psensor

NOTE

* the temperature of the Hard Disk Drives (using hddtemp or libatasmart).

or just tried this:

sudo dnf install  libatasmart

Regards.,

2 Likes

I ended up building it from source a while back. It was also because the packaged one was not built with support for some sensor I wanted. In my case I think it was an nvidia gpu, but I’m not sure.

1 Like

hi Hector, fasulia,
thanks for your suggestion, I have tried to build it from source (psensor 1.2.1) on fedora 34 but it doesn’t work (some error in function main). Do you have any suggestion or a guide to build it?
Thanks

You might need to install some dependencies. Look at the error and search for packages providing the missing files with dnf provides [file]

Hi,Héctor

Thank you, just found the command ‘dnf copr’.

1 Like