Please create these tags

I would like to request some more tags (forgot the ones that I actually needed)

cosmic
hyprland
niri
louvre
ublue (I know they have their own discuss)
wayfire
mobile
nova
wayward
paper-de
#Some Qt wayland desktop on Gitlab I forgot

smithay
iced
wlroots

coreboot
kata-containers
sleep (as in energy saver?)

llama
mistral
gemma
stable-diffusion
generative-ai

ffmpeg
libav
h265
openh264
zst
brotli
xz
vulnerability ?

Wow, I realize I really need to update Navigating Fedora Discussion — Tags, Categories, and Concepts :classic_smiley:

For Project Discussion, all tags should represent specific teams (with the current broad exceptions of engineering and mindshare). And, I don’t want them to be ghost towns — we should only create them for active teams.

For Ask Fedora, anyone with TL3[1] can create tags. We could consider lowering that, but it’s already a little more of a mess than I like. But, also here, tags shouldn’t exist in a vacuum — and in fact tags which aren’t used on any posts are automatically deleted after a short time.

So, rather than abstract, the answer here is to find posts which should have these tags and add them. I happen to know (because we just discussed it) that you’re right on the verge of hitting TL3, so I think in this case the easiest thing is to let you know that you are (soon) empowered to just add them.

However, if you want to go on a wider campaign of tagging dozens or hundreds of posts, we should probably coordinate. There are ways to do that without causing each one to get bumped and notifications sent.

1. see Trust levels on Fedora Discussion (from newbie to super-hero!) ↩︎

1 Like

I see, “Project Discussion” is more sorted than “Ask Fedora” and I dont think adding these tags (which are all ask fedora for now, apart from maybe cosmic) would do harm.

There is no formal way for users to request tags apart from adding “I would like this tag for this post”. But true, tagging posts afterwards may cause issues

It wouldn’t, but they’ll all get cleaned up if they’re not attached to at least one topic, so it is sorta futile to pre-create them.

2 Likes