Grub settings not working - grub menu not always showing

Hi,
I have Grub Customizer to have better looking grub menu so I want to see the menu. I have dual boot with windows. I am not using windows that much anymore but I still want to fix my issue.
I read somewhere that to always have the grub menu showing I should set GRUB_TIMEOUT to -1. Which I did but after reboots, etc. it still directly boots into what was last used. The thing is, if last used was Windows it stays in the grub menu and asks me what I want. If the last used was fedora it doesn’t stay in the grub menu and just boots to fedora. So at times when I need to go to Windows I need to Esc reboot and it is just annoying.

Goal:
Always show the grub menu, stay there until I choose what I want. Having preselected the last used is okay but give me the choice to change.

Thanks

What happens if you set the timeout to a large value like 3600?
On my dual boot I use 60 so that I have a chance to pick from grub menu.

I have no experience of grub customiser and wonder if it is breaking your grub setup. Do you know if it supports grub BLS (boot loader spec) configuration?
If not then its going to give you all sorts of issues.

I think it is just GUI for the CLI version. I changed the timeout to 3600,did sudo reboot now and it was kinda waiting for something because the grub menu wasn’t visible but it didn’t immediately went into booting the screen was still black but like backlit if it makes sense.
I tried to set it manually according to https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/grub-time-out-0/61941. So cat /etc/default/grub shows GRUB_TIMEOUT=3600 then i did grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg and again reboot but no effect.

I don’t think you are suposed to run this anymore.
When I change the timeout I did not need to run any commands, as far as I recall.

I do wonder if the grub customiser is causing the blank screen.
Did it mess up the grub config in some way?

No it didn’t mess up the grub config or like I don’t know how to check that but whatever I made in the customizer it appeared in the config.

To have the grub menu always show during boot the easiest way is to run
sudo grub2-editenv - unset menu_auto_hide
Then set the timeout to a reasonable value (I use 5 seconds)
Set the timeout as you have already noted by editing /etc/default/grub then running
sudo grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

Normally when dual booting with windows the grub menu is always displayed, so it seems that the grub customizer may be the cause.

It worked, I uninstalled grub customizer by sudo dnf remove grub-customizer and did sudo grub2-editenv - unset menu_auto_hide changed timeout, did sudo grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg and now reboot stays in the menu and the theme is still in place so win win.