Originally published at: Friday's Fedora Facts: 2021-49 – Fedora Community Blog
Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Congratulations to the winners of the F35 elections
- The Taiga instance on teams.fedoraproject.org will be retired on 17 December.
- Red Hat is hiring a software engineer to work on Toolbx.
- The Anaconda upstream mailing list is moving. You will need to resubscribe on the new list.
- EPEL 9 is now available
|Distributions DevRoom @ FOSDEM||virtual||5–6 Feb||closes 20 Dec|
|CentOS Dojo @ FOSDEM||virtual||3–4 Feb||closes 9 Jan|
|Red Hat Summit||TBD||late spring||closes 5 Jan|
Upcoming test days
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Fedora Linux 36
- 2021-12-22 — Deadline for Change proposals that require infrastructure changes
- 2021-12-28 — Deadline for System-Wide Change proposals and proposals that require mass rebuild
- 2022-01-18 — Deadline for Self-Contained Change proposals
- 2022-01-19 — Mass rebuild begins
- 2022-02-08 — F36 branches from Rawhide; Rawhide begins F37 development
|ostree native containers / CoreOS layering||System-Wide||Approved|
|Plocate as the default locate implementation||Self-Contained||Approved|
|PostgreSQL 14||Self-Contained||FESCo #2706|
|LXQt 1.0.0||Self-Contained||FESCo #2707|
|Users are administrators by default in the installer GUI.||Self-Contained||FESCo #2708|
|Enable fs-verity in RPM||System-Wide||Announced|
|Switch GnuTLS to allowlisting||System-Wide||Announced|
|Make Rescue Mode Work With Locked Root||System-Wide||Announced|
|Wayland By Default with NVIDIA proprietary Driver||System-Wide||Announced|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.