Originally published at: Friday's Fedora Facts: 2021-16 – Fedora Community Blog
Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)! Fedora Linux 34 is GO and will release on Tuesday 27 April. Fedora Linux 32 will reach end of life on Tuesday 25 May.
Join us at the Fedora Linux 34 Release Party next Friday and Saturday.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- The F34 Final freeze is underway.
- Fedora Linux 34 will be released on Tuesday 27 April.
- Fedora Linux 32 will reach end of life on Tuesday 25 May.
- The Fedora Council is considering a new Code of Conduct.
|All Things Open||virtual||17-19 Oct||closes 30 Apr|
|Akademy||virtual||18-25 June||closes 2 May|
|openSUSE Virtual Conference||virtual||18-20 June||closes 4 May|
|DevConf.US||virtual||2-3 Sep||closes 31 May|
- 136 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The new Source-git SIG is looking for participants.
Upcoming test days
- Fedora CoreOS Test Week — Monday 26 April through Friday 30 April
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting
- F34 Final go/no-go meeting 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
- Fedora Linux 34 Release Party — Friday 30 April and Saturday 1 May in Hopin
Fedora Linux 34
Upcoming key schedule milestones:
- 2021-04-27 — Final release target #1
- 2021-04-28 — Elections questionnaire process and nomination period begins.
Fedora Linux 35
|Smaller Container Base Image (remove sssd-client, util-linux, shadow-utils)||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Switching Cyrus Sasl from BerkeleyDB to GDBM||System-Wide||Approved|
|Debuginfod By Default||Self-Contained||FESCo #2597|
|Package information on ELF objects||System-Wide||FESCo #2598|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.