EPEL 10 proposal

We discussed this at today’s EPEL Steering Committee meeting. We decided to limit the vote to the overall direction, summarized as “a repo per minor version of RHEL 10”, without committing to further implementation details. This passed with a vote of +5, 0, -0.

Unless dnf implements $release_major and $release_minor, I believe we’ll be blocked on symlink support in MirrorManager as described by @adrian earlier in the thread. That could be worked on now independent of other work. Actually building out the real thing in koji will have to wait until we have CentOS 10 content to build against. That can likely start with the early development composes (which I expect to be available late this year or early 2024), without having to wait until it’s declared as “launched”. I’ve also thought about trying to build out a demo of this in staging Koji but for EPEL 9, but I need to talk to Fedora RelEng about it more to see if that would be ok.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and support so far. I’m excited about where this is heading. Keep the questions and comments coming.

1 Like