After installing an update recently, my system can no longer resolve addresses. For example, I can’t ping www.google.com, but I can ping 188.8.131.52.
I have a pretty generic setup, HP Pavilion laptop, no VPN, home router with DHCP. I’ve been using this Fedora setup for more than a year without a single issue, and it all came to a screeching halt when I installed an update this week using the software app.
I took some (possibly bad) advice from the internet and modified /etc/systemd/resolved.conf, adding my local router as DNS and Google DNS as fallback. Nothing changed when I did this, but after I issue the command
sudo systemctl restart systemd-resolved.service it begins to work again, until the next reboot.
Naturally, I now rely on this laptop for some important tasks, so I would be grateful for help in resolving this issue.