Originally published at: CPE Weekly update – Week 36 2023 – Fedora Community Blog
This is a weekly report from the CPE (Community Platform Engineering) Team. If you have any questions or feedback, please respond to this report or contact us on #redhat-cpe channel on libera.chat.
We provide you both infographic and text version of the weekly report. If you just want to quickly look at what we did, just look at the infographic. If you are interested in more in depth details look below the infographic.
Week: 4 – 8 September 2023
Highlights of the week
Infrastructure & Release Engineering
Goal of this Initiative
Purpose of this team is to take care of day to day business regarding CentOS and Fedora Infrastructure and Fedora release engineering work.
It’s responsible for services running in Fedora and CentOS infrastructure and preparing things for the new Fedora release (mirrors, mass branching, new namespaces etc.).
The ARC (which is a subset of the team) investigates possible initiatives that CPE might take on.
- FASJson – groups with no members or sponsors causes 500
- Zabbix – Adding zabbix agent to staging playbooks
- Documentation updates
CentOS Infra including CentOS CI
- Tag all centos infra AWS resources with specific tag
- Migrate docs.centos.org
- Migrate paste.centos.org
- New tags needed for Samba v4.19 in Storage SIG for CentOS Stream 8 and 9
- [CloudSIG] Create build targets
- Looking into signing of Windows binaries for Fedora Media Writer
- Fixed: Fedora 36 secondary architecture repos can’t be reached any longer
Goal of this initiative
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (or EPEL) is a Fedora Special Interest Group that creates, maintains, and manages a high quality set of additional packages for Enterprise Linux, including, but not limited to, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS and Scientific Linux (SL), Oracle Linux (OL).
EPEL packages are usually based on their Fedora counterparts and will never conflict with or replace packages in the base Enterprise Linux distributions. EPEL uses much of the same infrastructure as Fedora, including buildsystem, bugzilla instance, updates manager, mirror manager and more.
- Fixed issue with broken python-gunicorn in EPEL 8
- Merged and built python-greenlet update in F39 and Rawhide
- Updated python-gunicorn in F39 and Rawhide
- Launched EPEL Survey 2023 (albeit with some initial platform issues)
- Added python-mujson, python-aiofiles, python-websockets to EPEL 8
- Added python-mujson, python-aiofiles to EPEL 9
Goal of this initiative
CPE has few members that are working as part of Community Design Team. This team is working on anything related to design in Fedora Community.
- Freetober has been announced, with social media posts are starting 😸 More information to come over the next few weeks. 📣
- Continued work on Fedora podcast.
- First cut of BlueChi logo – looking for feedback
- Ansible Matrix icons in progress – first draft here.