Cannot store network settings

Hi,
I have installed both KdePlasma and Hyprland profiles (with two distinct users) on my Fedora Asahi, and everytime I login&out I need to reconfigure networks. I found something similar may concern to other variables ( Reddit - Dive into anything ), but I am not sure.

Is there anyone experienced this issue?

thanks,

I once had the same problem and solved it by hand work.

There should be a file under /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/{YOURNETWORKID}.nmconnection. Open and edit the contents you want to save.

For example, I had to type a password every time I connected to the wifi, so I saved the password in it:

[connection]
id=YOURNETWORKID
uuid=xxxxx
type=wifi
interface-name=wlp1s0f0
permissions=user:YOURUSERNAME:;

[wifi]
mode=infrastructure
ssid=YOURNETWORKID

[wifi-security]
auth-alg=open
key-mgmt=wpa-psk
leap-password-flags=1
psk-flags=1
wep-key-flags=1
psk=YOURPASSWORD

[ipv4]
method=auto

[ipv6]
addr-gen-mode=default
method=auto

Restart your NetworkManager and everything should be fine.

BTW, if you have trouble with Enterprise WIFI, that is another story, do:

nmcli c a type wifi con-name YOURNETWORKID ifname wlp1s0f0 ssid YOURNETWORKID -- wifi-sec.key-mgmt wpa-eap 802-1x.eap peap 802-1x.phase2-auth mschapv2 802-1x.identity YOURACCOUNTID 802-1x.password YOURPASSWORD

to solve it.

As for the system-wide authentication service you mentioned, polkit-kde-agent-1 above, you should execute it at the start of Hyprland. You don’t need to worry about this while at KDE

cat <<EOF >>~/.config/hypr/hyprland.conf
# Authentication Agent
exec-once = /usr/libexec/kf5/polkit-kde-authentication-agent-1
EOF # This makes sure the agent runs only once on the startup.

It takes effect when I utilize 1Password for GPG commit and ssh-agent

1 Like

That may also be a kwallet problem. In systemsettings you can check if you have a default wallet (has to be Blowfish encrypted and use your user/login password)

1 Like

Thank you both. Actually I did not have time to explore the topic. I tried to check the kwallet but I think the problem is not there. I tried to start from the beginning with a new configuration:

I logged in with the KDE-plasma profile, and I created a brand new connection associated with a WIFI (where I set to store password for all the users (not encrypted)) , the connection is set and work. But what appears in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connection is the new connection but “root-PROTECTED”.