Zotero software

Hello
for my daily use I need a bibliography software. I used to use Zotero but unfortunately I can not find a bin or hack to install it in asahi fedora 39.
In the same time I tried to install JabRef that does more or less the same job and is available from the software manager as a flatpack software, but installation failed. In fact I don’t know what happen, since there is no output.
Did somebody succeed in intalling zotero / jabref in asahi fedore 39 ?
thanks

Here is a thread of people working on running Zotero on ARM: Zotero on arm64 Linux or ChromeOS (ARM)? - Zotero Forums

The flatpak build of jabref did not work for me either. It gave the error qemu-x86_64-static: Could not open '/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2': No such file or directory

Here is an issue that seems to be actively worked on for aarch64 support in jabref: Package for Linux aarch64 · Issue #10842 · JabRef/jabref · GitHub

It looks like neither are easily installable on ARM at this point, but they might work if you are willing to build from souce and work around some problems.

Doing a quick search in Discover, it looks like KBibTeX from the default repos and Citations from Flathub are working alternatives.

1 Like

I’m using a binary from https://repo.archlinuxcn.org/aarch64/zotero-6.0.30-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.zst . It works well for me. Unpack it in a directory of your choice, e.g. /tmp with tar --use-compress-program=unzstd -xvf zotero-6.0.30-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.zst and copy it with rsync -av /tmp/usr/lib/zotero/ /opt/Zotero . I found this recipe somewhere but can’t remember.

1 Like

many thanks, I give a try to Kbibtex and to that archive !

perfect, I have my Zotero that works as usual. The firefox plugin is also working.
for somebody that would search for a solution to install Zotero on asahi fedora 39, the one proposed by Eberhard just worked.
→ just think to install zstd if tar command complains.
Thanks to both of you