zeno/scrcpy

This application provides display and control of Android devices connected on USB (or over TCP/IP). It does not require any root access. It works on GNU/Linux, Windows and MacOS.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/zeno/scrcpy/

Hello, when I run scrcpy-console.desktop, it shows me there’s a syntax error.

So I tried to double backslashes, likes:

Exec=/bin/bash --norc --noprofile -i -c "\\$SHELL -i -c scrcpy || read -p \"Press any key to quit...\""

be replaced by

Exec=/bin/bash --norc --noprofile -i -c "\\$SHELL -i -c scrcpy || read -p \\"Press any key to quit...\\""

Then it works correctly.

scrcpy-console.desktop is still not working in the latest version (scrcpy-2.0)
I thinks it’s because of when you insert 2 backslashes in sed expression (when with no sed args), the first backslash will be escaped, so you may should insert 4 backslashes.
Patches are always easier to read, change and manage than sed commands in rpm specfile, so I suggest you to apply patches instead of using sed commands.

ps1. You are missing validate scrcpy-console.desktop.
ps2. I want to create a pull request to the scrcpy.spec but I can’t find a way.

The latest build has the upstream fix applied, and the spec features no more sed patching.

Thanks for notifying me.

Thanks for reply, I tried the upstream fixed scrcpy-console.desktop, but it seems broken to me as well. Since there are too many quotes and backslashes I can’t even figure out where is wrong.
So I create a pull request to suggest a simply one to upstream.

Unfortunately, I cannot test either of them right now, so I am going to wait and see what they end up with in dev and patch accordingly.