Youtube videos and site video plays in Low FPS

the youtube video running is not smooth its like it is running in low fps . i have installed ffmpeg-libs but still the issue persistes
any idea what should i do ?

Intel i5 82550U
8 gb ram
Intel UHD 620

Fedora 39
no dual boot 

no nvidia graphic card

Always helps sharing your HW and SW specs. If by the chance you have nVidia GPU - you will need proprietary drivers from RPMFusion (Howto/NVIDIA - RPM Fusion) and enable HW decoding afterwards (Howto/Multimedia - RPM Fusion).

i have added all the info if u need anymore do ask it

Assuming RPMFusion is enabled (Configuration - RPM Fusion).
Have you tried enabling HW media decoding as per Howto/Multimedia - RPM Fusion instructions ? Are ffmpeg-free and ffmpeg packages installed ? Is the driver for HW accelerated decoding - intel-media-driver or libva-intel-driver for older Intel GPUs - installed ?
Which web browser do you use ? Is HW decoding enabled in the browser ?

That’s not all info :wink:
The best start is to post (in text, not a picture/screenshot) your system information from, e.g., GNOME Settings/About and then copy all details from there. In pre-F39 you will get it all on the same page, for F39 and later you will have to go to System Details, there you will have the Copy button :wink:
Next, provide the output of uname -a comand and be specific about what apps/commands you are using to achieve your goals. E.g., now we still have to guess which web browser you are using.

Later, more information from log files might be needed to debug your issue further, but the good habit is to start problem description with system information, OS (kernel) details and specific description on what (apps, CLI commands, etc) was used until problem happen.

And please regard everything above as good intentions to make your (and maybe others) problem reporting better - it saves your time at the end, it saves community members’ time and potentially your issues get fixed faster.

System Details Report

Report details

• Date generated: 2023-11-25 09:53:45

Hardware Information:

• Hardware Model: HP InsydeH2O EFI BIOS
  • Memory: 8.0 GiB
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8250U × 8
  • Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2)
  • Disk Capacity: 500.1 GB

Software Information:

• Firmware Version: F.42
  • OS Name: Fedora Linux 39 (Workstation Edition)
  • OS Build: (null)
  • OS Type: 64-bit
  • GNOME Version: 45.1
  • Windowing System: Wayland
  • Kernel Version: Linux 6.5.12-300.fc39.x86_64

$ uname -a
Linux fedora 6.5.12-300.fc39.x86_64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Mon Nov 20 22:44:24 UTC 2023 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Using Chrome Browser

i have install > ffmpeg

for : Is the driver for HW accelerated decoding - intel-media-driver or libva-intel-driver for older Intel GPUs - installed ?

i dont know about it for now i have installed libva-intel because mine is i5 8th gen so ig its an old version